Friday, September 21, 2012

some updates that were confusing me

Last week I got a message:  One of the files containing the system registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternate copy.  Recovery was successful.  I don't know why that happened-it may have been because i turned the computer off quickly.  I also got the first of the Adobe  Flash player update and the following excerpt from an email explains it.

Quick question…last week I got an Adobe flash player update.  It included “download Google Chrome”.  I unchecked that part but I ended up canceling the whole process completely because I couldn’t remember where I wanted to save the adobe flash player…It came up again today when I turned the computer back on.  My question is this:  When the question of saving it or running it comes up what should I do?  If I save it where should I save it to?  Should I save to my C drive or desk top?  As if right now I have the Adobe page from the internet up and not moving from it until I hear from you.

I see the Windows Update symbol in the task bar.  I am not sure what type of updates there are but if it is okay to install google chrome then I would like to because not all of the sites I go to work well with the current IE system.

Anyway I am waiting for a response......

No comments:

Post a Comment