Sunday, March 20, 2011

heard from DB

This was what he said:

That sure is a lot of updates. Numbers 1 & 4 I wouldn’t worry about. Number one is for “Microsoft Agent”. You more than likely do not have that program installed on your computer. Number 3 seems like an important one. I looked it up and it is so someone cannot remotely take over your computer. When I come over to do the Ghost Image I’ll see what is blocking it. You probably do not have Microsoft.net Framework installed. That could be the reason why number three didn’t work. I wouldn’t bet on it, but you never know.
   The update for Office has to be installed by itself. It cannot be done along with other updates. If it still doesn’t work we can check that out also.
   I did a Ghost Image on my computer today. It took six DVDs and six hours to do. The new ones (format DVD+R) didn’t work. The old ones worked (format DVD-R). I did not do and integrity check yet to make sure that they are good. That is for another day soon. Your DVD burner might be compatible with DVD+R. If not we can use DVD-rs.

and it is ok to use your computer as is.

Edited to Add that just before I read these and as I told DB that I did another check and that service pak 3 was important so I am trying it again.  I told him that too.  So that's what's going on for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment